When you are unable to work

(När man inte kan jobba)

If you get sick, lose your job or have young children, you may be unable to work for a certain period of time. The social insurance system will provide financial assistance in such cases.

The social insurance system is financed by tax revenue. In other words, you contribute to the system when you are healthy and able to work. When you are sick or need financial assistance for some other reason, the system is there to help you.

The Social Insurance Administration (Försäkringskassan) pays various kinds of benefits. Some of them are available even if you haven’t had a job.

People who are unemployed can receive unemployment benefits (a-kassa). Unemployment benefits provide compensation to those who do not have a job. If you are not entitled to unemployment benefits, you can apply for financial support from the municipality, called a maintenance allowance. In the links to the municipalities below, there is information on the maintenance allowance.


Follow by Email