Life in Sweden
In this part of the course, you will discuss family, marriage and relationships. How are human rights protected by the law and in practice? Children shall be able to develop and have a good and happy childhood, and the parents are expected to be involved in the children’s schooling and development. You will learn about what the law says about marriage, the parental role and Swedish schools, about what equality means in practice and about discrimination.
• What does the law say about family relationships?
• What do I do if I am subjected to violence, threat or discrimination?
• What rights do women and children have?
• What is expected of me as a parent?
• How does the Swedish educational system function?